Nokia Bell Labs, Finland
A Panel aims at bringing together in total 4–5 speakers in addition to the moderator. The panel speakers are expected to be from industry and academia, encompassing several sectors. They are assumed to discuss a timely and relevant topic of a broad interest to conference participants.
To allow enough time for discussion in the Panel, which is its main goal, the following structure should be followed:
- The Panel should not have more than 5 participants, plus the moderator.
- The organiser is supposed to be the moderator. There should be only 1 moderator.
- The organiser has to establish a few questions to be addressed by the participants.
- The moderator gives a 10-minute introduction presentation at the beginning of the panel.
- Participants should address the questions posed, in a 10-minute presentation each (very strict time control!). Basically, the presentation should consist of 6 slides, i.e., the cover slide plus one per question.
Schedule and format
Panels will be held during the main conference programme, in parallel to other technical sessions. The panels are planned to be organized in a virtual format with live interaction.
The panel occupies one conference time-slot, i.e., about 1h30.
The following information will be made public:
- Proposer’s name
- Proposer’s Institution
- Proposer’s biography
- Panel title
- Motivation and context
- Participant names and biographies
- Participants’ photos
The following criteria will be taken into consideration for the evaluation and ranking of Panels’ proposals:
- Technical Content
- CVs of Organiser/Moderator and Participants
- Overall Recommendation.
Panels Co-Chairs will conduct the evaluation.